Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Stephen King (In Morgan Freeman's voice)

^Because who doesn't love The Shawshank Redemption?

I think this blog may be the most therapeutic thing I have done in a while.  I have no followers yet, and I am very reluctant to tell anyone about it.  But, just putting my thoughts and feelings out there makes me feel accountable for what I do. 

I have been super busy all week.  Every night I have had some sort of meeting.  This may seem like it is deterring me from doing the things I talked about in my first post, but in reality, it is only helping.  The meetings have been for groups I have joined.  I am throwing my first bits of paint, so to speak, and they are for things that will help me now and later.  An honor's fraternity, a political science fraternity, and the college democrats are all lucky enough to now have my face at their meetings. :)  The payoffs have been almost immediate already.  I shook Dick Durbin's hand today.  I only found out he was going to be here yesterday.  That's how quick the benefits roll in from these things.  Why didn't I do this sooner?

Sam and I have also decided to take time for ourselves.  Instead of sitting on Facebook sending links to each other over Skype all night, we are now taking advantage of the free iTunes store and exercising to the free videos we have downloaded.  It is already something I look forward to each night (Even if the girl on the "sexy stretch" video is super annoying).

The next two weeks will be even more hectic than this one, so I probably won't update for a while.  Hopefully by then, though, I will have a lot of new things to talk about.  Including a Chicago day trip next week to look at law schools with the law club I just joined.

I have begun.  I have joined all these new groups, and I am meeting a lot of amazing new people.  I can't wait to see where everything takes me.  I am throwing my paint, and it is getting more colorful each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment